Friday, March 27, 2009

Getting Better Every Day

Today was a day where I actually felt like getting up and doing something. What a nice surprise. I have cleaned the kitchen (not before it needed it) and now I am in the process of coffee staining some cheese cloth. Awhile back my Mom sent me a care package and I haven't stained my cheese cloth yet so I thought I would do that today. It has been sitting for awhile because I want it nice and dark and grungy. I have been going through my totes to look for things that I can change out and re-arranged a few things here and there. I also broke the glass of my kitchen scale and set it outside hoping that it would rust up a little bit here and there. It has been sitting in the rain for 2 days and it is overcast today so hopefully it will start rusting soon. If not then I will try something else.
We don't really have any plans for this weekend. We have to go to the grocery store tonight and I am going to see if my DH will take me to the thrift store to see if they have anything. other then that no plans except to just rest up and enjoy time with my little man. I posted a couple pictures for you all today. These were taken at my Mom's. These are her Dru Ann McCarty bears which I just love, but I also love her new little cupboard. Isn't it cute? Yep, so prim and I love the mustard.

Here is a sugar mold and pantry cake that I made for my Mom. She has them on her counter top right now, but I am working on making a fly cover for her. I just haven't had any luck yet. She was so happy that I remembered to bring them to her and she just loved them. I must admit that I like them too : ) Don't you love her cutting board? I was about ready to take it (lol).
Here is another item that she bought from Dru Ann McCarty. I was able to finally get a close up look at it and yep, I am jealous that I didn't win it, but it of course looks great in Mom's home.
Well, I hope you all have a great weekend. Take Care and I will post more in a day or two.

9 comments:

kathy said...

So happy to hear that you are feeling better!
I love your Mom's things, especially those bears, they are wonderful! You and your Mom are so fortunate to have some of Dru's things, she does such beautiful prim things.
Enjoy your spring day...

Sherie said...

Lisa, I am so glad you are feeling better. Even though you have been sick your posts have been so nice. I enjoyed looking at your lottery wishes (LOL) and your Mom's treasures. Try not to overdue it this weekend and just enjoy. Get better soon. Sherie

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Your Mom has some really neat things! I have made teddy bears in the past myself, so I love those!
And so glad you are feeling better today. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

This is like a double prim blog...we get to see your great prims and your mother's:)

Love those bears!
Take care,
Rondell

Mandy said...

Glad you're feeling better. I love your mom's bears!

Have a great weekend!

Mandy

Elm Hollow Primitives said...

Hello Lisa-Love Dru's bears, I never seem to get one when she has her sales. I usually work in the evening and by the time I get off they are all sold. Her work is great. I told Rondell about my fly screens. They are old pot strainers. You can find them at flea markets or junk stores. Some of them just pop right out of the frame they work great for a fly screen. I usually find the ones that are really old so they are already prim. Just add a knob or piece of wire for the handle on top. Good luck.
Tootalls-Donna

CozyGirl said...

Lisa, I love all the goodies at your mom's. Love those bears!Hey send me an email at cozycoop@gmail.com so I can have your email address. I've tried replying to posts that you've made on my blog and I don't think they go through.
Janae

Stacey said...

Hey there gal! I just got caught up on what you have been doing these last few weeks. To say the least I am tired, dizzy and confused! Oh and yes not to mention ~ EXTREMELY JEALOUS!!! Way to go in the bathroom, I absolutely love it. It really makes me want to get Scott on the ball about our bathroom. But, I will have to wait. If only it weren't for the cost.

Your blog is so amazing. Hmmm ~ maybe that is the kick in the butt that I need to get mine going everyday. :) Seems like I am getting kicked a lot these days. :) Thanks for the push! :)

Love you lots,
Stacey

schutt6 said...

I LUV your mom's home! it's beautiful! and her bears are GREAT I'm a HUGE Dru fan anyway! :-)

did you look at pickled pepper patch's tutorial for the shoo fly covers? she just found some strainers at walmart and "primmed" them up...they were really kewl!
you might try that for her?