Thursday, March 5, 2009

Care Package

The doorbell rang yesterday morning around 10:00 and I went to the door to find my good ole UPS man. I was so happy to see this big box on my front porch. My UPS man was in his truck by the time I got to the door and waved at me to make sure I got the package and I kindly waved back. Yep, it was my care package from my Mom. Oh, I love my Mom. She always knows how to brighten my day and put a smile on my face. Not just because she buys me goodies, but just because she is such a sweet person and has a heart of gold. My Mom would do anything and everything for you as long as you treat her right in return. I am sure everyone is that way. I know that I am! Anyway, she told me that she was going to send me a care package since I was having a bad week, but I had no clue it would have so many wonderful goodies in it. Here is what she sent to me....... She sent me these 2 cute little prim black dolls. I just love them and can't wait to find the perfect spot for them. I love the little hearts around their necks.
She also sent me this thermostat cover. Don't you just love it? Yep, I totally fell in love with it when I saw it, but unfortunately my thermostat is so close to the edge of our wall leading into our hallway that it doesn't fit. So, I am either going to have to rig it a different way or just use it someplace else.
She also sent me a Country Sampler and a Mercantile Gatherings. So, I am admiring all of the wonderful blog land ladies and their homes as I am reading. Don't they have beautiful prim homes? Included here as you can see.....she sent me cheesecloth and a rusty star garland. Oh - I wouldn't want to forget the other items that aren't shown here...... She also sent me 2 bags of my favorite rice chips that she got me started on. I can't find them where I live so she sends them to me and she also included 2 Olive Garden gift cards. Isn't she a great Mom? I took the evening and puttered around my home with all of my goodies and this weekend we plan on going to Olive Garden (I can't wait).
On a side note..... I bought my Walnut Gel Stain last night. I thought I would try that first and see how it works. If it doesn't work then I will try the other stuff. I will of course take before and after pictures so stay tuned ladies!! Thank you again for all of your advice. You are wonderful and I am so thankful to have such helpful and wonderful bloggy friends!!
Oh - I think I found the paint that we are going to use on our cupboards. It is called Clean and Crisp and I think it will look great. I have brought home so many paint chips to see which one would look better and I keep going back to that one so I think we are gonna go with it. So, as soon as I stop being a chicken, I will dive into the bathroom cupboard and start revamping the cupboards. I guess you all never know when I will start to you better stay close by and keep an eye on my blog. I might surprise you all someday : )
Blessings to you all.
Free Signature Generator

10 comments:

Janene said...

Your Mom sounds great!
She sent you the most awesome of items!
Olive Garden...now you are just showing off!
Hurry up and quit being such a chicken...start sanding and primming those cabinets! I can't wait forever!!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh - what a wonderful care package - your mom sounds wonderful!!

Susan said...

What a great Mom! She sent you some really nice things. I'm looking forward to seeing the cupboards. Enjoy The Olive Garden! Hope you have a good day!

Black Sheep Lisa said...

Your mom is a real sweetie, Love everything she sent ya, show us pics when those dolls find their new home!

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

What a precious Mama you have! Mine was too, but she never understood my prim tastes! LOL! But she was supportive of me, and that's what mattered. I miss her so much!
Your Mama sent you some wonderful things! I especially love that thermostat cover and I hope you can figure out a way to use it. It will be a shame if you can't.
Your paint color sounds great. I can't wait to see it all when finished.
Enjoy your day!

basketsnprims said...

What a wonderful mom you have. I love the dolls and everything else. Olive Garden ~ yeah for you. Have a wonderful day.
Pam

Anne said...

Lisa,
What a nice mom..treasure her...my mom was very much like yours, but now has alzheimers very badly, so hold on to her and treasure all the good times with her! Love the dolls, and the therm. cover
Anne

Rosemary said...

That is awesome!

How does your mom feel about adoption?

I am available.
lol

Thanks for sharing,
Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
What a wonderful thing to get from your mom!...she sent you some great goodies!!
Can't wait to see how you cabinets turn out.
Cindy

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Hi Lisa,
What a wonderful "care" package! Love the dolls, Everything is great!
Aren't mom's just the BEST!

Have a wonderful day.
Hugs-Kath

...good luck with your cabinets, can't wait to see 'em all primmed up!