Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ugly Pears

WOW - Those are some ugly yellow pears, but they won't be for long. I found a new site that has lots of great prim ideas on it and since I am on a roll with doing crafty things...... well, I thought I would try my hand at making some grubby pears. This site is called Create A Prim and to be honest, it has some cute stuff and some not so cute stuff (lol). Anyway, I love how I see these grubby primitive apples and pears everywhere and I thought oh heck I could try that and they would probably turn out half decent. So, that is my new craft project that I am working on. I have an old wooden bowl on my kitchen table and thought that they would look great in that bowl if I can get them to look right. The pears were under 99 cents so it is definitely a cheap craft project. I already had all the spices that are needed, the brown paint was 97 cents and I already had the modge podge. I just need to get some more pears if they turn out ok and some clear spray to finish them off. I will keep you all posted on how they turn out and of course post pictures when they are done. If they turn out then apples might be next on my list (lol). Stay Tuned!!


7 comments:

Janene said...

Why haven't I heard of your blog before?
I love it!
I am now a faithful follower....I think I stole your blog from Pam's blog roll!
I can't wait to see how your pears turn out...and I am addicted to Susie's prim labels too! I think that i have bought 3 sets so far...I don't have the ones you shared in your post though...back to ebay I go!
Looking forward to reading more!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Hi Lisa,
I can't wait to see how they turn out...I was looking at the picture and I think I have to get the nutmeg and ginger:)

I hope you are doing well and I'm so glad Susie's labels are doing so well.
Rondell

kathy said...

I'll be looking forward to seeing how your pears turn out Lisa...I have three of those pears I would love to prim up too! They are hidden away right now since they just didn't look right with all my primitives.
Hope you post soon :-)
blessings, kathy

The Primitive Bucket said...

Hi Lisa I haven't seen your blog before but I love it and will come back for more visits.
You visited my blog and asked about borrowing my box with one of Susie's great labels on it. Go right ahead and use it, it's a quick fix for a small storage problem.. Love the jar you did up too, too cute. Oh and I love the create a prim site, that is where I got my rusting recipe!!
Hugs,
Joleen

basketsnprims said...

Hi, Lisa!
Good luck with your pears. I'm sure they will turn out fine, if they don't just redo them til you like them. Can't wait to see the finished dirty drab pear.

Pam

CozyGirl said...

That's just how I did my pears ~ they were those bright yellow ones and I got them at Michaels :-)Can't wait to see how yours turn out ! Thanks for visiting my blog.I'm adding you to my bloglist.:-) Have a great night Lisa!
Janae :-)

Stacey said...

Oh girl I am so loving all of the crafting that you are doing. It is helping me get focused on some really positive things, which has been great and so helpful. You are working so fast that I am really going to have to start getting busy so that I can catch up with you. :) I love the idea of these pears being grungy and will look forward to seeing the finished product. :) Thanks for all of the inspiration!!!!!!! I am headed over to check out the new site now.

Love and hugs,
Stacey