Monday, February 23, 2009

A Busy Day Indeed

It has been 48 hours since I made my sugar molds/pantry cakes. I brushed them with the leftover coffee water this afternoon and they are going to dry for another 24 hours. Once that 24 hours is up..... I can start decorating with my coffee stained cheesecloth. Oh - I just can't wait to finish them up and post a picture for you all to see. They are looking so prim now that I brushed them with the coffee water. Thank you again Carolee for sharing your sugar mold recipe with me. I really appreciate it!!

Today has been a crazy day to say the least. My son is sick with bronchitis and a sinus infection and he had two doctor appointments today. He has been real clingy which I don't mind seeing as though he is at that age where he doesn't want to be held anymore. I was so hoping that once he turned 2 years of age he wouldn't be like that, but unfortunately he is, so I am definitely taking advantage of the snuggle time.

On a good note...... my goodie box from DruAnn McCarty came over the weekend. I received my radishes and my strawberries and I must say that they look great on my scale that I just recently found at an antique barn in Amish Country. I used a bowl that I had, but I am not sure if I like them in that bowl. Once I get the other bowls that I just recently found at a thrift re-done then I might change it out. I am just not sure yet. That is one thing I love about decorating...... you can tweak as much as you want until you get that perfect look. My husband is always rolling his eyes at me because I like to tweak in order to get that perfectly prim look, but it makes me happy being able to do stuff like that and so he never really says much. Men just don't understand the full concept of decorating with prims.....do they?!? (lol)

I posted a couple pictures for your viewing pleasure. I totally LOVE this scale and the radishes give it that finished look. I also finished this board that I have had for years now and decided to put one of my prim labels on it. I am going to hang it up close to my red shutter that I bought at the antique mall last weekend. Oh - and you all have yet to see what I did with my shutter, but be patient because I am in the process of still working on that and trying to get that perfect look. I am having difficulties finding the perfect prim items to hang on my shutter, but stay tuned because I am hoping to have it completed very soon and share the pictures with all of you. Until next time.....have a blessed week and happy decorating!!



Free Signature Generator

12 comments:

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Oh Lisa, I love those radishes and the scale! Everything looks great, as always!
Can't wait to see those sugar molds!
...hope your little fella gets to feeling better soon!

hugs!

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Lisa - love the vegies on the scale.
So sorry your little guy is sick.
I just bought cheesecloth today and I'm going to coffee stain it now.
I just have to find how to do it! lol
I know how to do the technique, just not sure if I open up the cheesecloth or leave it all folded.
Karen

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
I just love the radishes and your old scale!...think the radishes look great in that bowl!
Can't wait to see the sugar molds when you get them all done.
I hope your little one feels better soon. It seems like that nasty stuff is going around. I had it...and it still isn't completely gone.
take care, Cindy

Rooster Inn Primitives said...

HI

I hope your son is feeling better soon. Poor little thing. You hate to see them feel so bad. I love those radishes. And can't wait to see the sugar molds. I've never made those. Have a lovely evening

hugs Pam

basketsnprims said...

Lisa,
I hope your little guy is feeling better ~ bless his little heart. I love the scale, the bowl, and the radishes. Prim perfect. I like your board, too. I can't wait to see those sugar cones. Have a great evening.
Pam

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Hi Lisa,
Love those radishes and I think the wood bowl looks great but I understand the tweaking part all to well:)

I can't wait to see the sugar cones all done, I bought all the sugars and instant coffee Saturday but I think I'm going to wait until I see yours before I start on one:)
Rondell

Susan said...

I love the scale and the board. I put that same label on an old box that I found. It looks like it may have been a men's jewelry box. The labels sure change the look of things.

Anne said...

Lisa,
Love the radishes!! My little Lily was sick last week, I hope your little guy gets better soon...hugs
to him!!
Anne

Black Sheep Lisa said...

Everything looks super Prim!!
Hope your son feels better soon!

Back in the Day said...

Love the radishes! Looks great!
Sorry your son is sick - hope he is feeling better soon!
Nicole

Debbie said...

The radishes and scale look wonderful! I can't wait to see how the sugar molds turned out. I hope Cody feels better soon. Take advantage of all that snuggle time though.

Take Care,
Debbie

kathy said...

I love the scale and your radish display, very nice!
Hope your little one is feeling better soon....take care, kathy