Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Thrifty Tuesday

What a wonderful last couple of days I have had.  The weather has been beautiful and it has given me a chance to enjoy the sunshine and the warmth of that beautiful sunshine.  Yep, I said warmth.  It has been in the 50’s the past couple days and today it is suppose to be close to 60.  YAHOO!!!!  OMGosh, that in itself is exciting.  We have been taking walks in the evening and yes we have been taking Qbert too.  He has been awfully close to hanging himself a couple of times, but I am sure he will get use to the leash soon.  He just enjoys being out in the backyard and being able to run.  That is the nice thing about a fenced in yard.  Oh, I let him out to go potty yesterday and went to pick him up and he took off.  You all should have seen me…. I was trying to slowly creep up on him and then catch him and he took off again.  I then started chasing him and remind you that I have my dear hubby’s boots on.  I was quite a site to say the least.  I was about ready to flip off those gosh darn boots and take off after the dog.  Gotta love the puppy in him.  At least I got a work out – right?

stardiv

Some more exciting news to share with all of you….. I went to North Shore Primitives on Saturday and took in some signs and game-boards.  Well, I heard from Vickie yesterday and it sounds like my signs/game-boards are selling.  She had mentioned that she sold a couple just yesterday morning.  Pretty exciting – huh?  It has been very exciting for me to say the least.  I am thrilled to have my items being sold off of her shelves and in my favorite prim shop.  Thank you Vickie for your kindness and faith in me!!  I sure to appreciate your kindness more then you will ever know.

stardiv

Well, let’s get to my thrift store finds.  Mom and I were on our way home on Saturday and I had to stop by this new store that opened locally.  To be honest I am not sure if it is a thrift store or second hand, but I found some cheap goodies and thought I would share them with you today.  I was absolutely thrilled when I found this ladder-back chair.  It was in great shape and the seat was in excellent condition.  I plan on actually making another make-do chair out of it.  I want to re-finish my bedroom soon and thought this would look great in there.  So, here is the chair that I picked up for $9.99.  Question ~ why not just ask $10.00 for the chair?  I told you it was in great shape.

048

I also picked up what they call is a food saver, but I call it a make-do fly screen cover.  This screen cover is actually quite large, but I thought it would look great re-finished of course and maybe even placed on my farm table with a few pantry cakes under it.  Lots of potential after I remove that ugly handle and paint it.  Don’t ya think?

042

I picked these items up at Craft 2000 on Friday.  I have been wanting these little boxes for my laundry room and when I saw the picture of George Washington……well, I squealed really loud.  I was so excited to find it.  It will look perfect next to my picture of Honest Abe that I should be receiving from Susie.  Yep, those will be going into my bedroom once it is finished.

032

034

036

Don’t you love those little boxes?  I thought they would look perfect in my laundry room.

038

The red and white stripes are lightly coffee stained, but I might have to take them out and re-stain them.  Just not sure if it is dark enough for me.  I guess we will see.

Well, that is it for today.  Hope you all are doing well and hopefully you too are receiving some nice weather.

Until Next Time ~ Blessings, Lisa

15 comments:

Sheila said...

Lisa, I'm glad you had sunshine to make you happy. It does us all good doesn't it? Also, what awesome finds-I need to make a road trip to your area! Not much in the way of wonderful goodies like yours in our local TS. Glad you're selling you signs, they are wonderful in the photos and I bet even better in person.
Got quite a chuckle of you chasing Qbert!
Hope the sun keeps a shinin'!
~Blessings to ya.

Unknown said...

Love your new goodies.
Isnt the warm weather and sunshine Amazing!!
I feel like a new woman!! Hehee!
Have a great week,
Tam

thesimpledaze said...

BOY YOU FOUND SOME GREAT STUFF.I TOO LOVE TO BARGAIN SHOP.I NEED TO GET OUT AND DO SOME SHOPPING MYSELF BUT I HAVE TOO MANY PROJECTS TO FINISH BEFORE I FIND MORE TO BRING HOME LOL.CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR CHAIR ALL DONE PLEASE TAKE SOME PICS TO SHARE WITH US.

taylors*farmhouse*attic said...

What great goodies you got!!And congratulations on your signs selling!!...Enjoy the wonderful warmer temps!!..Spring is on it's way!!!~~hugs,Jen

Carmen S. said...

That is wonderful news that your signs are selling, I'm not surprised though as you do a great job on them:) I saw those little boxes at Pat Catan's craft store last weekend and I've been thinking I should have got a couple, LOL!!!!! Oh well, I can always go back ;)

My Colonial Home said...

Gosh Lisa I want to shop with you...you are always finding such wonderful treasures.
I love the screen and I really like the large ones too...you can put like a round tube pantry cake in there....I think it would look wonderful sitting on a piece of scrunched up grunged cheesecloth.

Love the name Obert...how adorable and they are frisky at that age...well for a good year or so!

Wonderful on the sale of the game boards..you have a great talent there. Have you given any thought to the split board??? It's one of my favorites.

Karen

Susannah said...

Hi Lisa, you always have such wonderful things going on at your house. I love to read your blog. I am so happy for you about the selling of your signs. They are very nice. You have been so lucky finding great things on your ventures. Thanks for sharing with us.

Friends,
Susannah

Lee Hill Primitives said...

Hi Lisa, Is so nice that you are selling your signs faster. I have two laundry boxes like yours, I bought them in Anitza's store ( Victorian Country, I love it they looks so old.

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
You got some great finds. I saw those boxes at Crafts 2000 and thought they would look great in a laundry room, but mine is the unfinished part of our basement. Don't know if you heard, but we had two more thrift shops close here in town last week.
Aren't puppies just too gute!!
~Cindy~

Carla said...

Hi Lisa,
Congratulations on your sales! I'm sure you will continue to do well and you may keep busier than you want to! Love your new finds. Enjoy the warm temps! Spring is on it's way. Yeah!!

Wanda/Ridge Farm Nesting Place said...

Hi Lisa...that sunshine and the warmth sure does wonders, doesn't it!!!
Congrats on your venture of selling your signs...they are so prim looking who wouldn't want one for their home??
Great finds :) I agree with you...why not $10.00???

Have a great week and enjoy the beautiful weather!
Wanda

Sherrie said...

Question....Why don't you see if they have your size shoes at GW next time you go??? LOL I can just visualize you chasin Q_BERT!!
Have a good week....in the 70's today in SC. Loved it.
Hugs, Sherrie

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Congrats on selling your signs, I know that must be a wonderful feeling!

Loving your goodies! That food saver is going to look good when you get done with it.

Have a wonderful week~

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Nice finds! I agree about the "food saver" and the background of George's portrait! LOL!
And congrats on your items selling at NSPs. How exciting for you!
Have a great weekend!

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Oh Lisa, I'd trade you any day for a gameboard!!!!

What great finds at the thrift store!!! One day I'm gonna try a make do chair.

Mary