Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thrifty Thursday & Help Needed

I have been trying my best to keep busy.  The weather is trying to get the best of me, but I am trying very hard not to allow it to win (lol).  I ordered some new stencils and they should be arriving in the mail in a couple days and in the meantime I have been busy with making some game boards for my Mom.  She decided that she wanted a whole bunch of them just like me, but she wanted to put her boards in her stairwell.  Things are coming along and I have been busy trying to help her.

043

These are the boards that I started out with and then I got those finished and she started begging and pleading for more.  Yep, she is greedy (lol).  She said that it is so much fun having someone that can make all this stuff for her and to be honest…. she seems to be having a birthday every week.  Enough signs for you Mom ~ no more!!  ☺  I told her that I would make her some before I started on my wholesale order and luckily for her, my other stencils have not come in yet.  Once they arrive….. I will be totally focusing on getting those done just in time for the spring open house at North Shore Primitives.  I am pretty excited to see how my items sell.  Hopefully they are big sellers!!  I guess time will tell.

crows

So, my title of this post is Thrifty Thursday because I have a couple thrift store finds to share with you.  Yep, I haven’t been too lucky when it comes to thrift store shopping, but I did find a few things.  I have been quite anxious to find a paper towel holder and I finally found one.  I am going to refinish this one and if it doesn’t turn out then I will use the same pattern to make my own.  Here is the picture.  Yikes ~ isn’t that thing ugly?  Who in their right mind would put that in their kitchen?  Oh, those bright colors just make my eyes scream!!

001

I also picked up a couple picture frames.  Here is a picture of them.

008

I took the glass out and re-finished the small frame and I am currently working on the 8x10 picture frame.  I am either going to put a picture of Abe Lincoln in it or put a stitchery in it.  Speaking of stitcheries….. I am looking for someone to stitch some sayings for me.  I would of course want them to be prim looking and I am looking for this person to use the back stitch instead of x-stitch.  Is there anyone interested in helping me out?  If you are then please contact me via e-mail and we can work on the prices.  Hopefully someone is willing to help a prim gal out ☺

crows

So, did I tell you all the sad news?  Well, I am sad to say that all the “signs” of a baby are now gone from our home.  We took Cameron’s crib down about a week ago.  It was quite an emotional time for Mommy, but I am doing better.  Cameron was never hard to break from anything.  It was easy as pie to take the bottle from him, his pacifier was gone in a day and well he did remarkably well with the transition from his crib to his car bed.  Whew…..lucky me!

017 

020

Here are a couple pictures of him while in his car bed for the very first night.  My little prince!!

026

027

029

030

He told me that he was excited to start sleeping in his bed so Qbert could sleep with him.  Yep, speaking of Qbert….. that little guy comes home on Saturday and Cameron couldn’t be more excited.  I am pretty excited as well, but it will definitely be a challenge throwing Qbert into the middle of everything during the week while my hubby is gone and I have Cameron and this other little boy to take care of.  I betchya that I will be busy!  Hopefully it won’t be too crazy!

crows

Just in case you all were wondering…. My Dad is getting along nicely.  I took him to his follow up doctor’s appt on Monday (during a snowstorm) and he got along great.  It took us over 2 1/2 hours to get home when it should have only taken 30 minutes.  The roads were horrible and I experienced white out conditions, freezing windshield wipers and semi truck drivers that don’t seem to have any sense at all.  Why do they feel the need to drive the normal speed when the roads are snow covered and you can barely see anything in front of you?  Ughh, makes me quite nervous to say the least.  Anyway, here is a picture of my Dad and I.  He continues to wonderfully and is as happy as a lark.  He is just so happy and to be honest ~ I have my Dad back and I couldn’t be happier.  ♥ ~ I love you Dad!! ~ ♥

016

Now that is what a happy Father & Daughter look like ☺

Until Next Time ~ Many Blessings to you all.  Stay Warm & Safe!!

14 comments:

Carmen S. said...

You are right about the towel holder, lol, but the potential IS THERE:) Love the car bed, wow, seems like yesterday my guy was that size, now he's going to graduate in June and head off to Army boot camp:( Glad your dad is doing well and you made it home, I HATE driving in those conditions and YES the semi drivers have no sense sometimes! Have fun with those signs;)

Black Sheep Lisa said...

So happy your dad is doing better.
Love Cameron n his car bed. My son had a car bed too but it was a regular twin bed. He loved it!
I would be happy to stitch up some saying for you, just email me if u want!

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Glad to hear about your Dad, that's good news. Consider yourself lucky with Cameron, even if he is a streaker, at least he is easy in other areas. LOL!

Carey

Lee Hill Primitives said...

Love Cameron pictures, he looks so cute in his new bed. Glad you Dad is better!

Pam said...

Great to hear that your dad is better! What a nice pic of you two! Looks like Cameron really likes his big boy bed...it is kind of sad when you transition from the crib to the toddler! They just grow up way to fast! I can't wait to see how the paper towel holder turns out...I'm sure it'll look great! What sayings were you wanting? I could probably help you out just let me know! I love doing stitched sayings!
Hugs,
Pam

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

With all the 'shopping' you did from your mom's prim goodies, and the lights she has gotten you, how nice you can make her game boards!! What fun to share with each other like that.

Love Cameron's car bed!! What a great transition piece!!

So glad your dad is doing good!

Have fun with Qbert!!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Cameron is a sweet, little boy to give up things so easily, love his car bed...he sure looks like he is enjoying it!

Glad your dad is doing well and that is a great pic of both of you!

Good luck on the open house, I know your prims will just fly out of the store:)

Rondell

TJ said...

Glad to read your Dad is better ! Your Mom is one lucky gal to have such a talented daughter. And love Cameron's BIG boy bed.Good luck on the open house !!! I'd love to help with the stitcheries but looks like you have a few all ready =) Prim Gals Rock !!! Have a fantastic Friday
Prim Huggs n Blessins
TJ

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
Glad to hear that your dad is doing better.
Love Cameron's new car bed. Too cute!!
I can see that towel holder looking great all primmed up!! Can't wait to see the redo of it.
~Cindy~

Anne said...

Glad to hear your dad is better :)
Cameron in his bed is too cute!! Love his Mickey Mouse!! Have a great weekend..good luck with the puppy...we are still house breaking ours...she's LAZY!!

Hillcresthome Prims said...

I love what you got, you have a great eye and I am soooo happy that your Daddy is doing better, bless his heart!!!!
I love the car bed that is to cute.

Prim Hugs, Tricia
Hillcrest Home Prims

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

The open house at North Shore Primitives sounds like lots of fun! I wish I lived closer so I could see what it's all about. You do wonderful work so I'm sure you will have no problem selling your wares.

So glad your Dad is doing better. That is a lovely picture of the two of you!

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

GLad to hear your Dad is doing better~ and so glad you were able to get home safe!
Cameron's car bed is adorable! I want one!! LOL...maybe I could prim it up with some dried herb bundles hangin around and some homespun pillows and so on.....
Have a great day!
Beth

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

BUSY HANDS MAKE FOR A HAPPY HEART ~~AND YOUR HANDS DO SOUND EVER SO BUSY, ISNT IT A GRAND THING TO DO WHAT YOU LOVE AND LOVE WHAT YOU DO!!! NEWS OF YOUR DEAR FATHERS GOOD REPORT FROM HIS DOCTOR IS SURELY COMFORTING ...