Monday, February 15, 2010

Snow = Depressing Days

Will it ever stop snowing here in Ohio?  Seriously, I am worn out with all the snow.  We have approx. 14-16 inches of snow and guess what……yep, we are expecting approx 5-8 more inches today and into tomorrow.  I guess it wouldn’t be that bad if the other would have melted, but it hasn’t had a chance and now we are getting more.  We had a little bit of sunshine yesterday, but not enough for me.  I need more, I want more!!  I just want the snow to be gone.  The plows made one pass through our neighborhood, but that was about 5 days after we had the first snowstorm.  It really did nothing for our streets seeing as though it had been packed down and now it is several inches thick and pure ice.  It is a mess!!  There was a levy in our area that didn’t pass because quite frankly we are already being taxed enough so I bet the city is probably trying to make a point and not plow the streets.  In the meantime…… our cars are being destroyed as we slowly go through the neighborhood and hit each bump and piece of ice.  Ok, enough of my complaining.  I think I feel better now.

So, let’s talk about something much more fun.  I received a package in the mail from a good friend of mine.  I was absolutely shocked because I wasn’t expecting anything, but was thrilled when I opened it up.  I received a couple great smelling tarts for my tart warmer, a couple cute little hanging signs and my favorite was the stitchery that she made for me.  I had my sweet hubby make me a frame for my stitchery and it actually turned out pretty good.  First time for making a frame and I was so proud of him.  Of course prim isn’t perfect, but it was great for what I needed.  Shawn put the frame together and then I pounded away with the hammer.  Talk about great stress reliever (lol).  Here are some pics for you.  Thanks Michelle for the goodies.  I love them!

031

033

034

So, what did you all think of my frame?  It turned out pretty good for my first frame – don’t ya think?  I might try making some more very soon.

stardiv

Did I ever show you this old picture?  It was up in my grandparents attic and when they passed away I asked my Mom if I could have it.  I never knew who was in the picture until it was given to me, but I knew that I loved the pictured.  This is my great great grandmother when she was young.  I haven’t starting using it until recently.  I decided to paint my stairwell and knew that I wanted to hang up some old photos.  Once it was painted I got out all of my old photos that were given to me.  I brought this one out and cleaned it up and grabbed a few more.  I decided that I would hang old photos of my family on one side and photos of Shawn’s family on the other.  Who doesn’t enjoy looking at old photos from way back then.  I still have plenty more to hang, but this is what I have so far…….

 037

049

Isn’t she pretty?!?

038

This was my grandpa when he was just a baby.  Gotta  love that old picture.  What a cutie – huh?

I added a few other things as well.  This hat was worn by my grandpa when he married my grandma.  I loved it and thought it would look great hanging up on the wall.  Adds character.

039

This picture is of my grandparents.  They were celebrating 50 years of marriage.  So, as you can see….. I have started, but I still have plenty more to hang up too.  Hope you enjoyed them!!

040

Just a few more things to share with all of you….. Let’s talk Valentine’s Day!!  I just had to share some pictures of my roses that my sweet hubby had delivered to me.  Aren’t they gorgeous!?!  I don’t think I could ever get sick of flowers.  I love them!!

044

045

Yep, that one right there has to be my favorite!!  Just beautiful…..

046

Well, that is it for right now.  I am off to crafting.  I know that will always help make me smile.  After all of this snow….. I am gonna need something to make me smile and keep me busy!!

Until Next Time ~ Blessings, Lisa

7 comments:

ohiofarmgirl said...

I think I got water in my eyes when I saw the old pictures and the hat...what wonderful treasures you have. Hold them dear to your heart. Dianntha

Sheila said...

I agree with Dianntha! What wonderful treasures to have and such a beautiful way to pay tribute to loved ones.
Wishing you a sunshine day!
Stay warm and safe.
~Sheila

PrimAnnie said...

Your old pictures are beautiful. I like the hat also. Your flowers were beautiful. I live in Batavia, Ohio and we have gotten pounded today with snow. We are on a snow emergency and the snow keeps coming. Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Pam said...

Love your old pics & the hat that your grandpa wore on his wedding day...such great treasures to have!
We've got lots of snow too & I am also sick of it...grrrr! Spring can't get here soon enough!
Hugs,
Pam

Anonymous said...

what wonderful keepsakes! Your roses are beautiful! Nothing like fresh flowers to brighten up a snowy Winter!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Love the frame..it totally fits the "prim" theme..and love the color too..I love the idea of the old photos and other memrobillia to go along with the photos...kind of a museum..but more fun.,;)

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Good job on the frame, especially for it being your first one!

I like the idea of old photos on the stairwell. I've been trying to figure out what to do with mine. We've been in this house for 3.5 years and mine is still empty. I thought about game boards after I saw your awesome hallway. They are both great ideas! I think I might have to present it to my family and see what the majority says. He he. Thank you for the great ideas!