Thursday, February 4, 2010

New Goodies & A Praise Report

I am a firm believer that when it rains……it pours!  Unfortunately my Dad was admitted to the hospital on Monday.  He had been experiencing alot of confusion, numbness on one side of his body and just having a very hard time remembering things.  They admitted him to the brain/stroke unit of Riverside Methodist Hospital here in Columbus, Ohio and ran lots of tests on him.  After spending days and days at the hospital…..we finally got all of the results back today.  His MRI, echocardiogram, cat scan and the other tests all came back normal.  Praise be to God!!  You don’t know how relieved I was to hear that news.  We have been waiting on pins and needles and we are just so happy with the news!!

My Dad has always had problems with depression, but I never really knew the extent of it.  After a couple days of sitting down with a psychiatrist as a family… I was able to see first hand the extent of my Dad’s depression.  I learned things that I did not realize that my Dad went through as a child.  I didn’t know the fears that my Dad experienced or the anxiety that he has when he has to leave his home.  It was really sad to hear, but it was something that I needed to hear.  I never knew how deep his depression was, but I am glad that I was able to be there for him and for my Mom.  It really helps me to understand where he is coming from.  I am thrilled that it wasn’t a stroke because as you all know….strokes are not treatable and you can’t get that area in your brain back.  Depression as bad as it can be at times is treatable with meds and hopefully they will find the right cocktail of drugs for my Dad and I pray that he can start enjoying life again.  I want him so desperately to enjoy going to the zoo with us, to enjoy family gatherings and to be able to enjoy the things that he loves to do.  I pray with all my heart that God will have his hand in this and that my Dad will be back to his normal jovial self.  I know that my Dad is a warm fuzzy bear, but right now this depression has hindered him from experiencing all of the great things in life and has also hindered him from enjoying his family.  Please continue to keep my Dad in your prayers.  As they wean him off certain meds and start him on others….. he will need all of the prayers that he can get.  I love my Dad with all of my heart, but it is truly sad what depression can do to ones spirit…. I can honestly say that we were close at one point, I really enjoyed having a Dad that I could look up to, enjoy talking to and someone that would listen, but over the years……we have lost our way and I pray that we can find our way back to the times that we use to share.  Thank you for all of the prayers!!

dad

126

259

stardiv

On a totally different note…. I have some new goodies that I would love to share with you.  Mom and I went to our favorite prim shop (North Shore Primitives) last weekend and we made a few purchases.  Wanna see some of my goodies that I bought for my home?  I bought this new light to hang at the bottom of my steps.  I love how prim it looks!

013

014

015

016

I also picked up these place mats for my farm table.  I loved the colors and they do look primtastic on my table.  Take a look ladies…..

154 157

Aren’t they fabulous?!?  I just love them.  I then found this lamp and well I simply fell in love with it so I had to order it.  My Mom purchased this lamp from Sara’s Herbs & Everlastings.  You can check out her blog if you click on her store name.  She has some great things!

003 002

017 019

 018

Isn’t the lamp just fabulous?  I love it and it looks perfect next to my favorite chair in my family room.  Thanks Mom!!!!

stardiv

COPYRIGHT

Please also be aware that all contents on this blog including text and images are sole property of the author and should not be reproduced in any manner without my consent.  I really do not have a problem sharing however I would appreciate it if you have the courtesy to ask me first.  I don’t recall which blogs I was visiting the other day however I noticed that several of my images from my blog were posted on these blogs.  I was shocked as I kept rolling down the blogs and seeing more and more images that belong to me.  Please be kind and ask before using anything off of my blog.  Thank You!!

27 comments:

Unknown said...

I will be praying for your Dad. God can work miracles beyond what we can imagine.
Love the new lamp! Great choice.
Blessings,
Claudia

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

I was surprised that you found your pics on another's blog! I am so glad your Dad is OK, that is good news! I know what it is like for a parent to have a stroke...
I love everything you got! Can I
go shopping with you and Mom????
Well, I hope you have a great week!

Bear Hugs~Karen

janie said...

Glad is is not a stoke. I pray that it will all work out fine for your dad.

Take care, janie

Carmen S. said...

So glad to hear it was not a stroke. I suffer from depression myself, alot of it stems from my childhood and I sure can sympathize, I hope they get him on the right meds to help him enjoy life again! Wonderful finds too;)

Katherine said...

I'll remember your Dad in my prayers, and for the family as well. Love the lighting. I love anything that comes from North Shore though. It's a must stop on our trips back to Ohio.
~Katherine

Sherrie said...

Lisa, so glad your dad is home where he can be surrounded by the warmth of home and family until all of this gets better. Life can be so complicated....but as long as we remember who the "great physician" is and put our concerns in his hands, then in time things will get better. It does sometimes take a while to see if medication helps, but we should also remember that it can cause adverse results.
Just stay close to hime and be there for your Mom,as I know you will.
Love all of your new prim goodies. They are all wonderful and look so nice in your home.
Will keep you all in my prayers!
Warm prim hugs, Sherrie

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Glad your Dad will be ok, love the new lights!

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Hi Lisa.
I am glad that your Dad is ok. I love your new light.
~Janet

Anonymous said...

will keep you and your Dad in my prayers. My dad had a stroke 2 years ago, so I have an idea of how scary this was for you. Your new goodies are just lovely! :)
Hugs

Something Nice and Pretty said...

So happy for you and your parents that it wasn't a stroke, my dad had one and was sick for 11 years...no way to live.

Love your lamp and the one also hanging too:)

Rondell

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

So glad your dad's condition is treatable Lisa. I pray they finfd the right meds for him!!

Love the new hall light - very cute! And the table lamp is wonderful! I just got a new one very similar. And of course the placemats look great on your gorgeous table.

Pam said...

Glad to hear that everything came back fine for your dad...I hope they can find some meds to get him happy again! That depression is terrible! I will keep you & your family in my thoughts & prayers!
I looooooove all of your new prim goodies! Those place mats are just to cute & look great on your table! Makes me wanna go prim shopping right now!
I can't believe someone was using your images on their blog! That's crazy!
Enjoy your evening!
Hugs,
Pam

Linda said...

Hi Lisa....so glad that you Dad is on his way to getting the proper meds and that it was not a stroke.
I live your new hanging light.....I have the same one hanging over my kitchen sink! I have the same style that has 4 bulbs in my hallway.
If I ever move I want to take them with me!
Linda/simplycountryseasons

Anne said...

Lisa,
I will be praying for your dad. We have delt with my mom's depression all our lives. With the right meds, life can be wonderful again! Hang in there!!
Love your new lights!! BTW did anyone say how much Cameron looks like his grandpa as a boy?

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Sending prayers for you Dad. You got some great things that I hope lifted your spirits!

TJ said...

Hi Lisa just wanted to drop in and visit and to let you know I will be adding your Dad and your whole family to my prayers. I know firsthand how depression can affect every facet of your life. Stay strong and once they get the meds figured out he'll be his old self again. Love all your new goodies ! Thanks for sharing.
Prim Huggs n Blessins
TJ

Susannah said...

Hi Lisa, I certainly will be adding your Dad and your family to my prayer list tonight. I am sincerely sorry that your Dad is going through this. I can hear the love in your heart as you write about him. Let's hope that the right medication comes his way and he feels like the Dad you know and were close to.

I absolutely love your new light. I think that would look terrific in my hallway by the front door.
Oh, yours look so great!

Thinking of you, Lisa......take care.

Friends,
Lisa

Chatty Kathy~Palmetto Prims said...

Many prayers for your Dad and family Lisa!!! Hoping they get the rights meds and he is back to being himself real soon. Love all your new goodies. Shame on the person who is stealing your pics!!!

Lee Hill Primitives said...

Hi Lisa, I am so sorry about the depression news about your Dad, but with the right medicines he will be Ok soon. Love everything you got, Beautiful lamps and your table looks amazing.I will pray for your Dad and your entire family..

Rhonda said...

Hi Lisa
Praying for your whole family. Good news to hear it wasn't a stroke. I could hear the love for him in your words.

I love the lights. Thin kit's time for a road trip.

Blessings,
Rhonda

Wanda/Ridge Farm Nesting Place said...

Lisa I'm so glad your Dad is going to be ok! You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love all of your goodies you bought...look's awesome in your home :)

Prim Blessings,
Wanda

Linda* ~ Josephine’s Daughter said...

I'm glad your Dad is going to be ok.
Love your new goodies.
I have the same lamp your Mom bought from Sara in my house, and I love it too!
Blessings,
Linda*

A Bit of Colour said...

Love your new finds!!!! Glad to hear that your Dad did not have a stroke. Loved ones being there makes a great difference. Just your presence. I'l be praying for him & your mother.

Blessings~Kim

My Colonial Home said...

Prayers and blessings for your Dad Lisa...I am so happy for all of you that the outcome was not a stroke for all the reasons you said.

Such wonderful goodies you and your mother found...you are a great team...

Karen

Anonymous said...

My prayers are also for your Dad today and tomorrow on. I see your love for him and his need to be loved by you even if he can't respond back as well as you would like. Love HEALS and covers a multitude of sadnesses...my interpretation. Love and God's Blessings!

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Praise God that it wasn't a stroke, but something that is treatable. It always breaks my heart when I hear of someone having a stroke because they are never themselves again. Sorry you are going through this with your Dad. I will be praying for healing for him and strength for you. Maybe God allowed this to come about so you can restore your relationship with your dad and enjoy him for the rest of his life?

What wonderful goodies you purchased! I really love that light that you hung at the bottom of your stairs! All your goodies are primtastic! Thanks for sharing~

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

OH! And I love that picture of you and your dad. How sweet!!