Thursday, August 19, 2010

For the Love of Crocks

Well, if you have missed my blogging then I guess you could more or less say that “I am back”.  My hubby went back to work today for meetings and a teacher workday on Friday.  He officially starts on Monday with the students.  So….. I will need to find something to do and blogging is one of those things that will help keep me busy.  Of course I will also have laundry, cleaning, cooking and taking care of my little man until he starts pre-school at the end of the month.  Wow, I will have all sorts of free time.

divider07_thumb[1]

Do you remember my last post?  Well, if you don’t then let me just tell you a little bit about it.  I found this man on craigslist that was selling his very large collection of crocks.  After checking him out, I made arrangements to go and see if there were any good crocks that I could pickup at a rather good price.  Well, well, well there were tons of crocks to choose from and they were beautiful.  You all know that I am on a rather tight budget since I am a stay at home Mom so I went with a few small crocks and a large one to start out with.  Yep, I have more on reserve and will pick those up at a later date.  Here are the ones that I picked up first.

025

I thought this cute little “salt” crock would be perfect in the kitchen.  I won’t be using it for salt, but it does look very cute next to my stove.

026

I have several jug crocks, but I don’t have anything small so I picked this one up as well.  Isn’t so cute?!?

024

023

This one is my favorite out of the bunch.  I just love the colors in the glaze and the cobalt blue  is what caught my eye.  I absolutely love it!!  What do you think of this beauty?  Are you in love with it like I am?

divider07_thumb[1]

Do you remember that scarecrow that I picked up at the Open House for North Shore Primitives?  Well, as I promised….. here are some pictures of the one of a kind little guy that made my heart melt.  I know that sounds weird, but when you see pictures of him….. you will see in his face that it literally looks like he could talk.  I just love him!!

024

Here are some close-ups.  Don’t forget that you can click on each picture to get a larger view.  Gotta love all of the detail in this little scarecrow.

028

026

025 029

030

So, are you totally in love with him like I am?  I just thought he was so cute.  It was funny because I had several items in my hands and when I saw him, I put the other items down.  He was enough for me.  I just love that face!!

divider07_thumb[1]

Alot of you have inquired about Qbert.  Well, our little miniature schnauzer is doing great.  It was a tough 10 days for him and for us, but he has recovered and back to his old self again.  He had to wear this collar for 10 days and he hated it.  I felt so bad for him, but it was best that he didn’t lick that incision from where he was neutered.  So, we just kept him calm as possible and he did great…..well, for the most part.  He would run into the doors, into our legs, drag that nasty collar on the cement patio in the back, run into the fence and well the list goes on.  It was tough, but he is doing wonderfully.  I have a few pictures to share with you.  He needs to be trimmed so desperately right now, but he needs to wait just a little while longer.  So….. just ignore his shaggy look right now (lol).

034

We bought a shovel, hoe and rake for Cameron this summer.  Well, Qbert has decided that they are all for him.  So, when we let him outside to go potty…. he thinks that he needs to carry around a shovel, a hoe or a rake.  It is so funny!!

045

047

051

His favorite is the hoe.  Normally he carries it and the handle is pointing straight up to the sky.  It is so funny!!  Oh, did I tell you that he also loves playing corn hole?  We will throw the bags and he runs and gets them.  It is hilarious.  He will take them off the board and takes off.  Here are a few more pics.

062

071

Last, but not least…….. I will leave you with a couple pictures of my little man.  He is getting so big and literally brings me so much happiness!!  I him to the moon and sunshine and back again!!!!

075

077

Until Next Time ~ Blessings Always!

8 comments:

Sheila said...

Hi Lisa!
Nice crocks you've added to your collection and that scare crow is darling! I think I would have had to have him too. My favorite picture is the one of Cameron and Qbert both looking into the game board at the same time! Priceless~
Continued blessings to you and yours.
Sheila

Carmen S. said...

Lisa~ I LOVE the crocks and the scarecrow, he's adorable! Love Qbert too that is so funny he likes the gardening tools, and WOW...can't believe your little guy is off to pre-school already!!! Of course it seems like yesterday mine was going and now he's in the Army!! Enjoy your day sweetie and find something *fun* to do;)

lakeffect said...

So glad your husband is back to school so you can get back to blogging. Great post today! I look forward to enjoying so many more. Those crocks are fabulous, and I am so jealous that you have a source, as there are very few with blue cobalt here in Wisconsin. His story is a sad one, though.

Unknown said...

What nice crocks, such a sad story as to why he was selling them, so scary to hear the reason why as my daughter Crystal just got braces!

Your lil guy is getting so big, my guy starts Kindergarten on Tues. and I'm wondering what to do with myself since all 3 will be at school!!

Enjoy your Day!

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Great crocks Lisa! And your little scarecrow is adorable, but not quite as adorable as your little man. :o)
Qbert is very cute! He reminds me of my Pepper. I miss her a lot! He is very cute in his shaggy state.
~Carolyn

Sherrie said...

Lisa, your new crock addition is great,especially the salt-glazed one. You have been so busy this summer and got a lot accomplished! School is in full swing in S.C.
so enjoy your last couple of days.
Prim friend, Sherrie

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Very nice crocks that you have found. Your lil' guy is sure growing by leaps and bounds and I can tell him and Qbert are great friends.

HomeSpunPrims said...

Love your crocks! I collect brown ones. Cameron and Qbert are adorable.