Monday, August 2, 2010

Changes in the Laundry Room

Changes are taking place everywhere in my home.  I have arranged, re-arranged, added, subtracted and the list goes on.  I am taking advantage of the last couple weeks left before my hubby goes back to work.  He is so great to have around because he watches Cameron which in return allows me to putter around the house and enjoy some “free time” without a little one running all around.

So, what have you all been up to?  I had a great visit with Shawn’s cousin Stacey and her friend Stacey.  They came for a visit and we headed to North Shore Primitives for a shopping excursion.  It was lots of fun and they enjoyed it as much as I did.  I had to nickname them Stacey 1 and Stacey 2 while they were here which was pretty funny, but we all had a wonderful time.  Of course I invited Mom to go along and she enjoyed the time as well.  What all did I buy?  Well, I purchased some more Olde Century Paint, a couple towels, a mustard runner for my table and some gourds for Fall.  It wasn’t much, but to be honest….. I didn’t need much.  My goal is to tackle a cupboard that I have had for some time and get it painted before my hubby heads back to work.  I want to take down my towel bar in the bathroom and then put the cupboard up above the toilet and fill it with some prim pretties and who knows what else.  So…… be watching for pics on that soon.

divider07_thumb[1]

So, do you wanna see some changes that I have made to my laundry room?  I finally was able to hem my curtains above my washer and dryer.  Wow, it is so nice being able to sew.  I just love knowing how to do it when I need something so simple made or hemmed.  Anyway, here are some updated pictures of my laundry room.

007

010

003

050

055 036

I also re-arranged my kitchen a little bit.  I had some old antique glass jugs and jars that I put some prim labels on so I had to find some homes for those and I knew that they would be perfect in my kitchen.  So, I moved this old wooden antique shelf from the top of my kitchen cupboard and put it above my stove.  It fit there perfectly and I didn’t even need a nail.  I filled my jars and then placed them on the shelf and this is what it looks like.  I thought it added alot to that area.

027

002

029

My labels were just a tad bit big for my jars so I cut them down and  burnt the edges to give them a more prim look.  I thought they turned out cute!!  What do you think?

divider07_thumb[1]

Did you notice my new header on my blog?  Well, that is what I did with my farm table in my kitchen.  I bought those flowers at NSP when we went this past weekend.  I just loved how they looked together and they are perfect for Fall.  Yep, it is just around the corner.  I haven’t brought any of my other Fall stuff out yet, but I am sure I will as August comes to a close.  I was just sick of what was on my table and figured that it needed a change.  Here is a picture for your viewing pleasure (lol).

022

Oh…… did you notice that little shelf in the background made out of old barn wood?  Well, my hubby made it for me and I just love it.  Here is a closer picture of it.  I thought the cup and old forks really added to it.  What do you think?

018

Well, I think that is all I have to share with you today.  I hope you enjoyed my post and I hope to be blogging a bit more every week and then be totally back on schedule once Fall arrives.  I miss blogging, but summer time is always my time to spend with my family and enjoy having us all together.  Who doesn’t love spending time with their loved ones?!?  I know that I absolutely love it.

divider07_thumb[1]

I leave you with this…… have you received your Primitive Place Magazine yet?  I have been patiently waiting since the 27th and I am not sure I can wait much longer.  I stand at the front door, look down the street and wait for my mailman to pull up to our mailbox.  I run out to the street, open the box and find nothing.  OMGosh, how upsetting!!  Today was absolutely different….. I about tackled my mailman, took his truck and rummaged through it looking for my magazine (lol ~ just kidding).  Seriously, why can’t it arrive like today?  I am so desperately waiting, I have been camping out at the curb and watching over that mailbox.  Oh heck, I keep thinking someone stole it.  Yep, this prim gal is just not patient at all.  So, here is to hoping that it comes tomorrow.  If not I am sending out the search dogs!!

Until Next Time ~ Blessings, Lisa

12 comments:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I love your new header and love the flowers..I too am waiting for fall to hit..:) I love your jars and labels and love the shelf above the stove..have a wonderful week and I hope you get your magazine soon..let us all know if its worth the wait..:)

My Colonial Home said...

I'm so happy to see you back blogging Lisa...I've really missed all your redo's and news and hearing about Cameron!

Love your sweet laundry room - oh to have one of those!

Your shopping day sounded fun with Stacey 1 and 2 - lol Oh, and mom too!

I'm like you with the anxious thought about the magazine...everyday i think it's going to be in the mailbox and when I lift the lid I give a little outloud groan...lol
It will come soon though.

Hugs, Karne

Susannah said...

Lisa, I was going to mention your new header before you even said anything. It is so pretty. I like the bowl with the crock and the flowers.....really nice.

I love the jars with the labels. Any chance you might be selling them in the future?

My goodness, you are a very busy person...but, what the heck....if it makes us happy, so be it! LOL!

Friends,
Susannah

appleberrycottage said...

I dream about having a "finished" laundry room again. We had one in our old house. Complete with storage shelves and a stenciled border. This house has an unfinished laundry room. Just wood studs, some cement walls, etc. So, I enjoy looking at other people's houses! :-) Oh, I'm still working on the kitchen. Hopefully done - soon!
Laura

Dan said...

Lisa~

I love all of the changes you have been making to your house! Everything looks wonderful!

I am like you, anxiously waiting for my APP Magazine. I can not wait to get it. I check the mail everyday and nothing. It will be here soon, and I know we will not be disappointed!

I hope you have a great week!

~Dan~

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Hi Lisa, I came across your blog today and so enjoyed looking around. Love your header and all the pics of your other things. Love the barnwood shelf!! Your little Cameron is adorable!!
Your magazine should be there soon, I got mine yesterday and I live in the sticks of West Texas so real civilization should have theirs soon. 8-)
Blessings,
Lorna

Kris ~ Simply Prim said...

I LOVE your new header, Lisa! Beautiful! And I love all of the changes you've made to your laundry room and kitchen. The shelf above your stove looks perfect there!
I, too, am waiting patiently for my APP magazine!! I am dying to see it!! Let me know when you get yours and vice versa!

Take care, my friend!
~Kris~

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

I love the new look of you header! The laundry room looks nice as well. I almost forgot about my copy of the magazine until you mentioned it. I will begin stalking my mailman now, LOL! I gave you a little shout out on my blog too, you should check it out.

Carey

alittleprimsparkle said...

Lisa I just found your blog on Saturday. I was up until 2 A.M. reading old stuff!! I am so thankful for the WONDERFUL ideas!! Your Laundry room looks just as awesome as everything else I have looked at!! Wanted to ask you where do you buy your labels. I have tons of old jars I should put some on. Thanks and keep the great ideas coming!!! Jenny

Sheila said...

Good morning Lisa~
glad to see you are still keeping yourself busy! Love all the changes you made, especially the little shelf over your stove!
I too am waiting for my APP Magazine and not very patiently either. *LOL*
My good friend Lorna got hers so ours should be here soon!
Enjoy your time with hubby and Cameron.
Summer will be over before we know it.
Continued blessings,
Sheila

Bonnie said...

Lisa, your home looks lovely. Thanks for sharing your pictures. I'm planning a trip to North Shore Primitives this weekend. It's their fall open house. I'm ready to do a little redecorating too.

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Hi Lisa,
I love all of your changes. How neat that the shelf fit above your stove! The ajrs do look awesome up there.
I hope your mag comes today! Look out mailman! LOL!