Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Excitement & Pure Joy!!

What gets you excited?  What makes you happy?  What gives you pure joy?  This past weekend was full of lots of happiness and good times for me.  Of course I was able to spend time with my family and anytime I can do that is happy time for me.  My sister and I haven’t always been the closest, but we are getting closer as we get older and it is such a nice feeling.  I have enjoyed it tremendously to be honest with you.  Anyway, she came to visit this past weekend and brought me lots of goodies from her antique mall close to her home.  Here are the items that she brought.

018

019

017

I just LOVED the old feed sacks that she brought me.  Of course I coffee stained them and they look even better now.  You know me and my love for the dirty/grungy/primitive look.  Yep, I love instant coffee (lol).  She also brought me this cute little bottle.  Now, I just need to find a label for it.  You wonder what was originally in this little bottle?  I just loved the lid to it.  Who doesn’t love rust? (lol).

020

Oh……. by the way…… do you have A Primitive Place Cookbook?  Well, this past week was the week to try new recipes.  I tried several and this was only one of them, but definitely worth trying.  It was a delicious recipe and was actually one that came from Linda from Behind My Red Door.  If you like coleslaw then this is a yummy one.  Asian Coleslaw is yummy and so easy to make.  Give it a try if you have that cookbook.

006

I also wanted to let you know that I have a cute little prim light that I have up for sale on my selling blog.  Check it out on www.primsbylisa.blogspot.com

It is in great shape, but I have not been using it so I thought I would sell it.  Here is a picture of it, but for more details please check out my selling blog.

021

So, are the temps in your area cooling down?  The past couple days here in Ohio have cool and pleasant.  I have really been enjoying it and must say that I am ready for Fall.  I think these cooler temps should just stay around for awhile.  Of course the cooler temps allow my morning glories to stay blooming a bit longer in the morning and who wouldn’t love that.  Aren’t they glorious?

011

014

WOW ~ I love the bright colors!!

I will leave you with one more picture today.  This is one of the many things that make me happy, that bring me so much joy and most importantly love.  This little boy is the light of my life and I can’t get over how big he is getting and how much I have been blessed.  What a little miracle.  Mommy loves you Cameron!!

080

Until Next Time ~ Blessings Always!!

4 comments:

Black Sheep Lisa said...

LOVE the feed sacks, they are my new love, I only have one but on my way to a collection! LOL

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

That is wonderful you are getting closer to your sister - family i what it is all about!!

So glad you liked the coleslaw!! Here is the recipe in case anyone asks!

Asian Coleslaw

Mix 1 bag coleslaw ½ c sunflower seeds
1 package of Beef Ramen Noodles smashed

Then mix together 1/3 cup olive oil, 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup of sugar, and beef packet from noodles.

Add the two together mixing well. Keeps for days after

Barbara said...

That is wonderful that you spent good time with your sister, and that you are getting closer, family is so important, and I love your little gifts too great, hugs and blessings, Barbara

Birgit said...

Your sister picked out some nice goodies for you. that was so thoughtful of her. I'm glad you were able to spend some time together.
Being with my children are what bring me the most joy. Always has been and always will! They're the light in my life.
Blessings to you and your family~ Birgit