Saturday, August 7, 2010

Bathroom Makeover

I have received several comments from you.  Many of you tell me that you miss my makeovers.  Some of you tell me that you just miss my blogging.  So…… I thought I would not only blog today, but also share a makeover.  Yep, you heard me correctly.  Do you all remember this cabinet?

111

I bought it for $2.92 right before our thrift store closed the doors for business.  I bought it back in April and was trying to decide where to put it.  I was debating my laundry room or my half bath.  Well, I am pretty pleased with my laundry room so I thought the half bath would be great.  I just knew that before I put it in my bathroom that it would definitely need a makeover.  Here is a picture of it after I sanded it and removed those awful knobs.

036

I wanted it to be prim so off the doors came and out came the paint to match my cabinet doors that were already in there.

037

I decided on Olde Brick Red from Olde Century Paints.  Here is what it looks like after the coat of paint and a couple coats of rubbed on Dark Walnut Stain.  What do you think?

029

Looking good – huh?  Well, I took an extra step with this cupboard.  I knew it needed one more thing and I knew exactly what it was.  It needed a prim coffee stained curtain.  Yep, that is what it needed.  I pulled out the sewing machine and went to work.  I coffee stained some muslin that I had and started hemming my curtain.

042

043

Here is what it looked like when I was done with the curtain.  I thought that the curtain needed something a little extra so I sewed on a homespun patch to match the cabinet.  Didn’t it turn out great?

030

Looks alot better then this before picture ~ don’t ya think?

040

I can’t stand those ugly towel racks that they put up on the wall.  They must put them on with cement.  Anyway, after the cabinet and curtain was complete….. it was time to decorate.  Here is the finished project!!  I was real pleased with it and it added so much more to my bathroom.

020

The picture is a little crooked, but trust me the  cabinet is up straight (lol).

022

Hope you all enjoyed the makeover.  I have so much more to share including a new Fall purchase from the open house at North Shore Primitives, antique store finds and some GREAT yard sale finds.  Those are all going to be happening early next week so keep watching.

Hope you all have a blessed weekend.

Until Next Time ~ Stay Happy!!

11 comments:

lakeffect said...

Happy day, you're back and hae lots to share! I'll look forward to more posts soon. That was $2.95 well spent. Your new bathroom look is indeed a great improvement.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Well girl it is about time you had a makeover for us!! Just teasing... I know you are enjoying time with you boys while Shawn is home for the summer.

Great makeover...it really changes the look in the spot!! Job well done!

Susannah said...

Lisa, you do it everytime!! I keep reading your post and all of a sudden there is the GREAT MAKEOVER!!!! Gosh, that cupboard looks so darn good. Keep it up girl!

Many more happy summer day to you and yours,
Susannah

My Colonial Home said...

You know Lisa...when I saw that you had a post today I thought to myself....yeahhhhhh....LISA IS BACK! LOL
I know you have posted now and then but 'lady' I've missed all your clever decorating ideas and remakes and just plain ole reading whatever you have to say.

LOVE THE CABINET RE-DO....and how lucky to have it fit in that space so perfectly. Like it was made for it.

Soooo much nicer with the Prim, handmade by you curtain.

Wonderful job and it all came together great.

Hugs, Karen

Dana~HomespunTreasures said...

Lisa...I was so happy to see you do another one of your makeovers I've missed them. But BOY was this a good one!!! The cabinet turned out great and I LOVE the curtain I also love the patch you added to it...so primitive. Hope you enjoy the rest of your Summer while you husband is home!!! I wanted to tell you after all these years I finally got my nerve up to start a blog so when you have time come by for a visit.

Blessings,
Dana

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Lisa,

What a great idea, I love the curtain to hide necessities. I'd love to get up that direction to go to some of your stores, I can't wait to see more. I will shop vicariously through you, LOL!

Mrs. B said...

Lisa, what a terrific makeover! It really did improve the look of the bathroom and those builder installed rods. You did a great job on the curtain, too.

I enjoyed meeting you on Friday, at North Shore Primitives. Your post reminded me that I should have purchased some paint. What a shame; I'll have to go back. (lol)Can't wait to see what you discovered on your shopping trip.

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

amazing what alittle cabinet and some paint can do to transform a room..I too am in the process of redoing our bathroom..got a few more things to do before I reveal it...thanks for sharing.:)

Sandy said...

What a perfect makeover Lisa. I love the idea...perfect for your bathroom. I always love to see what you are working on next :)

How is your fur baby doing?

alittleprimsparkle said...

You are sooo talented!! You come up with the Most AMAZING ideas!! I just get enough of your blog!! I was sooo excited to see you had posted today!! I love your bathroom it looks great!! Thanks so much for all the amazing ideas. Keep them coming. I just can't get enough!!
Jenny
Hope you are having a GREAT weekend with the boys!

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Lisa, it looks great! Now how did you find a cabinet to fit exactly in that spot? LOL!

I love the paint color, the curtain and the way you decorated it.

You did GOOD! :o)

Have a happy week!

~Carolyn