Sunday, August 2, 2009

Birdhouses & More

I am so excited to share some more goodies that I received while at my parents home.  As I had mentioned in a previous post…… my parents are getting ready for a garage sale so my Mom was nice enough to offer me some items and well I took her up on her offer (lol).  She offered me many birdhouses and well, I snatched them up rather quickly.  Here are a few pictures of the birdhouses.  I might give one of them a facelift, but I am not quite sure yet.  I’ll let you know.

117 116    114

My Mom also went out with one of her very good friends not too long ago and purchased this for me.  I have been wanting one for my flowerbed, but haven’t been able to find one.  My Mom found this at a flea market for $30.00.  I can’t wait til next summer to plant some flowers in it and place it in my flowerbed.  Don’t you think it will just look too cute and prim?

115

Mom also gave me these goodies.    I am telling you……. she is as good as any prim store (lol).  You gotta love these dried gourds and the watermelon with the crow.  Aren’t they great items.  I am so lucky!!

113        110

I love this basket that she gave me as well.  This will go on my front door, but if for some reason or another it doesn’t look right then we will look for another home, but I love the basket.  It is filled with some great items and I just love the birds nest with the eggs.

109

Well, I hope you enjoyed seeing some more of my goodies.  I also wanted to share some more exciting kitchen news with all of you.  I was planning on making my very own farm table, but my wonderful Mom surprised me on Thursday and told me that she was going to buy me a farm table at my favorite primitive shop “North Shore Primitives.”  So, if all goes ok today and there is no rain around then we will be heading to pick it up sometime today.  So, be sure to Stay Tuned for pictures of my beautiful black trestle table.  Trust me…….. you will love it!  Until Next Time……..

12 comments:

Chatty Kathy~Palmetto Prims said...

Aren't you blessed to have such a wonderful Mom!!! Can't wait to see your table.

~Judy~ said...

LUCKY LUCKY YOU! I will check back later to see the table What a very sweet Mom you have.

Judy

Patti said...

You have the sweetest Mom. I'm looking forward to seeing your new table.

Patti

PrimWyoGirl said...

Lisa, your are sooo lucky to have a mom that first of all loves the same stuff you do and second of all that shares her wares with you! My mom and I used to trade things back and forth all the time. It was fun and I miss doing that since I no longer have her with me. Cherish those moments! I love the laundry tubs and can't wait to see your table! Jayne

Susannah said...

Lisa, you just enjoy every single second that you are together with your Mom. I have the most wonderful memories of my Mom and I together and all of the things that we shared...but most of all - each other. I miss mine so much.

A table for your kitchen? How sweet is that? Your Mom is a blessing to you.

Have fun and I can't wait to see the table!

Friends,
Susannah

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Your very blessed to have your mom, I miss mine everyday, we were as close as you and your mother.

I was right wasn't I about the farm table...great minds think alike:)

Have a great day and I hope you get to pick up your farm table today:)
Rondell♥

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

WOW! What a sweet generous Mom you have! All thsoe freebies and a new farm talbe too? How very blessed you are! Can't wait to see everything in place.

Black Sheep Lisa said...

Lisa dont you want to share your mom, since I am a Lisa too? Lol She is the sweetest thing, i love all your birdhouses. Looking forward to seeing your new farm table!

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

You are one lucky gal! I have
been wanting to change my
round oak table for a farm
table, can't wait to see it.
Also, I love your kitchen!

Bear Hugs~ Karen

Sherrie said...

Girl, you are getting that kitchen all fixed up....how nice. You truly are so blessed to have your Mom as your best friend. You make memories everyday and enjoy those days you get to spend together. My mom is wonderful too, and is my best friend but now has alzheimers and it has robbed us of so much. It is a cruel disease and I pray daily for a cure. I have my Mom physically, but I miss HER so much. I took care of her as long as I could meet her needs but then had to move her to a local Nursing Home, where I am very involved with her care on a daily basis.
Give your Mom a big hug and have a good week, my friend.
Hugs, Sherrie

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Lisa,

You are so lucky to have a wonderful mom! I can see flowers in your new washtub. I can't wait to see your table.

Carey

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
Love all the goodies that you got from your mom. And Wow!!...what a wonderful gift she is getting for you!! I can't wait to see your new table!!
hugs, Cindy