Sunday, January 25, 2009

Amish Country Findings

What a wonderful weekend!! There is nothing better then spending time with my parents. We packed up our car early Saturday morning and off to my parents we went. They live about 2 hours away, but it was worth the drive just seeing them. We got there and sat down to visit with my Dad a little bit and then we headed to Amish country for a day of shopping. We ate at my favorite restaurant..... Rebecca's and the lunch was just so tasty! I had a ham and swiss quiche with a side salad and her herb dressing (my favorite) and then we finished it off with a 7 layer carrot cake. Yep, it was very very good and my Mom treated us to the tasty lunch. Wasn't she so sweet!?! Well, after lunch we headed to the antique malls because that was the only place I wanted to go to. I pretty much found everything that I wanted and MORE. Yep, did you hear me? I said I found more . Here are a few pictures of the items that we brought home from Amish country.
This bench is something I just fell in love with when I first saw it. I just love how old it looks and trust me..... it looks great in my entry way!!
Here are some old rolling pins that I picked up. They look so cute in an old bucket that I bought.
I went to Amish Country with one of these in my mind and was thrilled when I found it. Haha, now I am just not sure where to put it. Isn't that funny!?!
I also went to the antique malls with this in mind..... I found 2 of them and one was $12.00 and the other was $36.00. Hmm, you wonder which one I picked. They both looked great and just alike so I am pretty happy that I found the cheaper one.
I was pretty happy about finding this as well, but once again..... I have it and I am not sure where to put it. I do that all the time and so does my Mom. I guess I inherited that from her (lol).
Here are my Mason Jars that I found and fell in love with. I ordered some labels from Susie @ Yankee Lane Primitives and they should arrive sometime this week. Once they arrive, I will be decorating them with the perfect label and filling them up with some goodies that will look perfect in my kitchen. Don't you just love the jars and the lids?
Be sure to stay tuned because I will be showing updated pictures of how I use all of my old antiques around our home. Oh - I will also be putting together a slide show of my Mom's home. My Mom is such a decorator when it comes to primitives. She has such great taste and well I guess you could say that I am quite proud of her and her home. It is beautiful and I love all of her decorations!! She could definitely be the next hot topic in Country Sampler. So, stay tuned!!

6 comments:

Stacey said...

I absolutely love the bench and am anxious to see how you finish decorating it. Actually, I love all of the things that you got on your trip this weekend. With all of your creative talent, I will be waiting anxiously to see the pictures of how you display those wonderful antiques in your home. :)

Oh~I can not wait to see the slide show of your mom's house. You know, maybe you should send her name into Country Sampler. How awesome would that be to have her featured in the book. :)

Love and hugs,
Stacey

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Oh I love all your goodies!
What a fun time-always nice to spend time with parents! ;)
I can't wait to see your mom's decorating!

Have a great day!

hugs-Kath

basketsnprims said...

Oh, lisa, I love all of your treasures. I can't wait to see what you do with them. I sure wish I was that close to Amish country. What a yummy lunch you had, too. Have a wonderful day.

Pam

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I love everything! Believe me you will have so much fun decorating those jars with the labels, Susie's are just so neat! I really think I've run out of things to decorate them with:)

I really can't wait to see your mother's home...I know it will be wonderful.
Have a wonderful day,
Rondell

big city prims said...

Lisa, your stuff is great and that bench...wow. You really picked up some cute goodies and I'm looking forward to seeing what you did with them!

He & Me + 3 said...

lovin that bench!