Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Simple Goods Show

My Mom and I went to The Simple Goods Show yesterday and we had a great time.  We were hoping the rain would hold off and luckily it did.  I can’t even remember the last time the sun was out.  Geesh, I was beginning to think we would need to take a boat to the show.  Hmmm, maybe I would have had more room for goodies in a boat (lol).  Anyway, it was a fun time and my sweet hubby was such a sport carrying all of our purchases out to the car.  I love you honey!!

047

Anyway, here is the back end of my CRV.  As you can see it is packed and there wasn’t much room for anything else. 

007

I have alot to share with you, but I wanted to first of all let you know that I met some great gals.  I met Angie Sutter from Love The Prim Look and Lesa Cook from Brier Creek Primitives.  I have had the great opportunity to get to know these gals mostly through Facebook and they are so sweet.  Not only are they sweet, but they put on a GREAT show at Simple Goods.  Here are some pics that I had taken with them.  Here is Lesa Cook and myself…..

027

Here is Angie Sutter and myself……

059

Here are some of my show purchases.  I bought this from Lesa.  Don’t you just love it?  It is a hanging pie safe.  I absolutely love the blue!!

003

044

065

I also purchased these items……

072 075

081

So, what do you think?  I absolutely fell in love with my tobacco basket.  I will share more pictures of that in a couple days, but wanted to share all pics with you now.  It definitely was a fun time and we actually were able to get in and look freely without running into people.  The crowds were down from the fall show, but I am sure it had alot to due with it being Easter weekend.  I did see Kris Thomas from Simply Prim, her hubby and her daughter Kory.  Talk about a sweetheart.  Her daughter was just a gem of a girl.   I also saw Vickie from North Shore Primitives and her friend and co-worker Becky.  It is always nice seeing those gals too.  Aren’t we so blessed to have such wonderful prim girlfriends!?!  Gotta love each and every one of them.

Well, that is all I have to share with you today.  I hope that you all had a very blessed and Happy Easter.  I leave you today with this pic of my little man.

067  

Much Love & Prayers!!        ~ Lisa

4 comments:

PrimWyoGirl said...

What a fun time you must have had! I can't even imagine what it would be like to go to one of the shows! How fun meeting some of our FB friends too! Your finds are wonderful. That hanging pie safe from Lesa is so neat! Love the background on your blog too!
Thanks for sharing and Happy Easter!
Jayne

LoveThePrimLook said...

It was so nice to finally meet you in person!! You are such a sweetheart too. I love your goodes that you purchased !!! Hope to see you in November !!! Hugs to you, Ang

Farm Field Primitives said...

Awesome things!! I like the boat idea. I could have rowed all the way down and picked you up.
~Melissa~

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

Hi Great blog Im a new follower , I see you havent posted for awhile but Im enjoying reading all your past posts I m an Ohio girl so stop by for a visit to my blog! Have a great week! hugs lilraggedyagnie