Sunday, April 17, 2011

Country Hearth Primitives

Do you ever search craigslist and come across some neat items?  Well, I came across a neat store just by searching craigslist.  This place is located in Grove City, Ohio and it is called Country Hearth Primitives.  They sell a mixture of antiques, primitives and a few other items as well.  Of course the antiques and primitives are right up my alley.  I took my Mom there a couple weeks ago and we loved it.  I found so many goodies and by the time we left there, we felt like we were eating the dash board because we didn’t have much room left in the car for us (lol).  Here are some of the items that I came home with.

018

035

I absolutely loved the bowls.  They looked so old and look perfect in my kitchen.  I also found these……  She said that they were old spinning wheels and I thought they were very unusual and very neat.

049

I absolutely fell in love with this big huge barrel as soon as I walked up to the front door.  Isn’t it great?  I ended up putting it on my front porch.  I have so been wanting a large barrel for awhile and when I came across it…..well, it was easy for me to decide on it.

037

047

I then found this and had to get it.  I thought it would be perfect in my bedroom or my family room.  I just loved the picture when I came across it.

070

I bought this to hang on my fence……

061

028

AND this was probably my best purchase of the day.  A very old bed which she called a “hired help” bed.  I did some research on this bed and found one just like it for sale online and that particular one said that it from the late 1800’s.  I thought it would be great in my flowerbed.  The neat thing about this bed is that it folds up.  It is very neat!!  Are you ready to see it?  Yep, I was crazy over it when I first saw it.  Here are some pics…..

012

029

033

023

Very neat – don’t ya think?  Well, I hope that you enjoyed my new finds and most of all the goodies that you can find at this wonderful and very unique store.

Have a great week everyone.

4 comments:

Carla said...

Lisa, I love that barrel! I would have bought it, too. I've been looking for a large one! Great find.
I really like your barn board background, but, boy, it sure makes it hard to read your blog. I finally ended up highlighting the text.
Have a great week!

Farm Field Primitives said...

Awesome finds, Lisa!! It is hard to find barrels and buckets for outside display around here. Everyone wants an arm and a leg for them!! Love your header pic too. Have a great day.
~Melissa~

Theresa said...

Great finds. Don't you wonder if one day, a hundred years from now, some complete and total stranger will buy a picture of you and hang it on their wall?? I think it is halarious how we love old pics of people we don't know from Adam. LOL!!

Mamabeanof4 said...

What are you going to do with the bed? I have one exactly like it and have tossed around many ideas, but just haven't done anything yet. HELP!
~mamabeanof4