Sunday, October 24, 2010

~ ♦ Stenciling ♦ ~

Not too long ago, I re-finished a cupboard that my Mom had.  She wanted me to paint it red so she could put it in her family room.  Well, I painted it and told her that since I was re-finishing her cupboard then she would have to stencil my entry way/foyer and a wall that goes into my family room.  She agreed and she finally paid it forward the other day.  It was out of the blue when she said that she was coming over to stencil.  I was so excited and I am so happy with the way it looks.  I eventually want to paint my whole family room and have her stencil the rest, but of course that will take a bit longer to complete.  My family room is mainly a mustard color called Buckskin Pony.  I love the color, but it has been that color for some time now and I am ready for a change.  So, I thought it would look good if I continued the Bleached Wheat into the family room and then finish it off with some stenciling.  That is the plan!!  Here are some before pictures followed by some after pictures with the stenciling.  My Mom did a wonderful job and I am so pleased with the way it looks.  It gives it a much warmer and finished look.  Take a look for yourself.

BEFORE

034

048

047

AFTER

014

030

047

041

043

042

Oh and look who it is….. my beautiful Mom right in the middle of stenciling.  Isn’t she beautiful?!?  I am so proud of her.  She is such a wonderful Mom and friend and she indeed has the sweetest spirit.  She is just a great person inside and out and I love her dearly.

038

As goes for that cupboard that I re-finished for Mom….. that will be on my next post.  So keep watching out for more before and after pictures. 

Until Next Time ~ Blessings Always!!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Lisa,
Your stenciling looks wonderful!!
Ive been wanting to do my family room forever!! I just can't seem to get started.

Mom's make the wonderful Best Friends, don't they!! :)

That's one more thing we have in common...
We both have Very Special, Amazing Mommy's!! :)

Have a great Sunday,
Tam

Jennifer said...

Simple.....yet beautiful!!
Great job..

~Judy~ said...

Lisa, your Mom did a wonderful job. It looks perfect....just the right touch. Like Tammy, I have stencils here just waiting to "get in the mood to do it" Maybe now since I've seen yours!!

taylors*farmhouse*attic said...

Looks wonderful Lisa!..What a sweetheart your mom is!!~~hugs,Jen

Susannah said...

Everything looked wonderful BEFORE...but the stenciling just pulled it all together. Very nice, Lisa.

Your Mom seems to be the nicest sweetheart.

susannah

Primsue said...

The stenciling adds the perfect finish to your already beautiful home. Your Mom did a great job.

Tonya said...

You are so lucky to have a mom who shares your love of prims. My mom likes brass and crystal - YUK..lol

I love all the stencil work your mom did. What kind of paint did she use? I've been wanting to do my foyer but I can't decide on a pattern.

Looking forward to seeing that cabinet re-do!

Bonnie said...

You are so lucky to have such a talented mother. I love the simplicity of the stencil design. Just the right touch!

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Lisa I love the stenciling, your mom did a great job!! She is a very beautiful woman!:0) I also painted my bedroom and diningroom Bleached Wheat!! I love the color its so warm and yet light, I want to do my livingroom and hall the same color. Hope you hae a great week!~Wendy

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Your Mom did a great job!!! My Mom has no idea how to do that. LOL. She is into oak, brass, and dried flowers.

That niche is so awesome. I like how you painted the back wall red.

Mary

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

It looks great!
★Linda★

Carmen and the Primcats said...

What a nice touch! Love it!

Carmen and the Primcats

Carmen and the Primcats said...

What a nice touch! Love it!

Carmen and the Primcats

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Looks wonderful, love it!
So nice to spend time with Mom & best friends that's the way it should be, warms my heart!
Give Mom a Hug for a great job!
Have a nice day!
Teresa

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

It looks great, Lisa. What a great trade-out. And yes, your mom is beautiful! Can't wait to see the cupboard too!

Tammy

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
That looks fantastic! Your mom did a great job!

I love looking at pics of your home and the things you create.....and I soooo love your crock collection/display!!
hugs,
Lori