Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Making New Things Old

So, if you are reading my blog then you probably love that primitive look just like me. I love it when someone can take something brand new and make it look old, distressed and rustic. I am always telling my husband that I would love to have a bigger home just so I can decorate more and more. The good thing about him is that he nods his head and smiles and says "Hopefully someday soon honey." Anyway, I was on a couple websites tonight just looking around and I must say that I love these sites that I found. If you haven't checked out The American Heritage Shop then you should definitely head on over there and take a look at their furniture. Oh, I love their furniture!! Ok, ok, I could probably have one of each (lol). I love the Weatherly Cupboard, The Early Coat Rack, and I am totally in love with the Primitive Candle Cupboard. Below is a picture of the Primitive Candle Cupboard (mustard over black). Isn't it gorgeous!?! Hopefully someday soon I will have one just like it. At least I have a picture and I can slobber over it for awhile (lol). My father in-law is super handy and I know that he could make something very similar, but he isn't real familiar with how to paint it and give it that old primitive look so that is where we run into the issues. Do you know how to give it that look or do you know where I could go to find out how to make it look that way?
Another great site that I have been looking at alot lately is Littlehouse Mercantile. This site is basically dedicated to all these other websites that have folks that decorate with primitives. You gotta check out All Weathered Homes and Home on the Hill to just name a few. Those are some great sites and these homes are just beautiful and very primitive. On the All Weathered Homes website it talks about drying taters or making a tater garland. As you might have seen.... I made a garland with dried green beans also known as leather britches, but I also love the look of the tater garland so I might have to try my hand at that too. I love doing crafty things. So, are there any crafty things that you have done that you would like to share? I would love to hear about them and possibly even try them. So, go ahead and leave me a comment about your crafty primitive ideas. Thanks in advance for sharing & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

12 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I love those sites and Kathy of Home on the Hill is the best!! She is the sweetest gal and we share decorating ideas all the time. She is so desrving of the mention!!

Happy New year!!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

What a great post! I visited all the sites you listed sooooo prim and just wonderful to look and dream:0

Thanks for letting me know about the background you know I must have seen that a thousand times and it just did't click in my brain.lol

The snow on my blog I found at Lea's Farmhouse blessings in a recent post she tells how to do it and it's very easy!

I hope the first day of the New Year is just wonderful for you!
Rondell♥

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,

I just found your blog and I love it. I'm adding you to my favorites list.
I also went to all the sites you listed and they were just wonderful. Thanks for sharing them.

Cindy

taylors*farmhouse*attic said...

I absolutely love your blog!!...I will definitely be back!!...Happy New Year!!...Jen

Stacey said...

A woman after my own heart! What a wonderful post today, I loved going onto the other sites to look and dream. :) I have added them to my favorites. Primitive furniture is one thing that I would like to have more of. I have lots of the other stuff, just need to get some large prim pieces to help me achieve more of the look that I want. OH~ if it were only for the money. (lol)

Yes, I agree, you have a gorgeous blog page. :) Can't wait till you come and help me get mine up and running. :) Thanks for the new sites, I love to surf the internet for primitive things and especially decorating ideas. :)

Love and hugs,
Stacey :)

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Hi Lisa,

As soon as one is issued, you can be sure I will announce it to the world! LOL

hugs, Linda

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

Hi Lisa,
Came across your blog tonight and had to laugh when you mention your fav shop in Amish country is Country Gatherings! I LOVE that store! I am originally from Ohio near Cleveland and come back home at least twice a year. I live in North Carolina now and always look forward to my trips back to Ohio because the first thing I always do is spend the night in Berlin at the B&B right across the street from that store! I will go over there at night and walk around outside and then my room faces it for goodness sake and I just can't wait til morning to get inside it!! After my breakfast at Boyd and Wurtzman(sp???) I am so excited to start shopping! Do you live close to Berlin?? I love it so much there..truly a beautiful place. Take Care, Beth

Brittany said...

No crafty primitive ideas here, but I like the stuff you post!

I didn't make the mirror, it is actually from Southern Living at home. It is called the "dress me up" mirror and they also have a plate and a tray too!

kathy said...

Hi Lisa....i'm loving your blog! Linda sent me over when you mentioned our webshots albums(HomeOnTheHill) and I'm so happy she did!
Your house is decorated so nicely and I love seeing all your special treasures and antiques.
blessings, kathy

Susan Graham said...

Terrific work! This is the type of information that should be shared around the web. Shame on the search engines for not positioning this post higher!

salvaged wood furniture said...

my heart skipped a beat! these are soooo beautiful! they aren't my fave style, but what you did with them is incredible. you are seriously talented, and never undervalue yourself just to make sales- know your worth in this world! the right customers always do come along, given time. and don't you want your pieces to go to the right people who will LOVE them and appreciate them like you do? of course ya do.

Susan Graham

Unknown said...

ucuz takipçi
ucuz takipçi
tiktok izlenme satın al
binance güvenilir mi
okex güvenilir mi
paribu güvenilir mi
bitexen güvenilir mi
coinbase güvenilir mi