Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Closer Look

Let's take a closer look at some of my "favorite things" that are displayed on my cupboard. I have already put out my Christmas decorations so you will see some of those displayed here as well as upcoming posts. Here is an old Christmas stocking that I bought at a primitive shop in Amish Country.
Here is a Momma and baby giraffe that a friend of my Mom's made for me. I love the picture that is in the background. If you can't read it.... it says "The Cross Made The Difference For Me"
Here is a primitive sheep that a friend of my Mom's made for me. I love how she made the sheep look dirty by spraying the wool with tea or coffee. The legs are simple twigs from a tree.This has to be a favorite of my sons, but then again he loves elephants. Once again she made it look old and primitive by simply spraying it with tea or coffee. I love that old dirty look.
Here is another picture of my cupboard. As you can see alot of the items that I just mentioned are neatly placed in their particular spots and it gives it such a country feel. I left one of the cupboard doors open to give it a different look, but you can just as easily shut that door to have it take on a whole different look if you would like. Doesn't hurt to switch things around every now and again - right?


No comments: